If you choose to hire a Schmieding graduate you can be assured that they have passed both a written test and skills competency examination for the level at which they are trained. While enrolled in the Schmieding program students are not only taught the physical skills of caregiving but also the importance of maintaining an older adult’s independence and dignity and the importance of compassion, integrity, empathy, and advocacy.
Graduates of the Schmieding Certified Home Caregiver Training Program are prepared to:
- Detect and report changes of condition in care recipients behavior or physical health
- Act appropriately when issues regarding care arise
- Pass both written exam and clinical skills competency evaluations at the level for which they have been trained
- Accomplish caregiver skills based on best practices and quality standards
- Demonstrate compassion, integrity, empathy advocacy and responsibility in the accomplishment of their duties.